I welcome comments that add to discussions of writing, editing, and publishing that begin on this website. Reader's thoughts can be helpful for other readers, and I enjoy hearing others' opinions, even when they differ from my own.
However, in the interest of keeping this website a peaceful, positive, and creative place to learn and discuss the art of language, I reserve the right to delete comments that contain material I deem to be inappropriate, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Slander, personal attacks or abusive, hateful, offensive, or racist language or material.
- Spam or links to spam (repeated attempts to redirect readers to another website are considered spam).
- Comments off-topic to the article.
- All capital letters.
- Intentionally inflammatory rhetoric.
- Links to inappropriate or unrelated content.
- Identical, repetitive comments posted on multiple articles.
- Excessively long URLs
- Personal information, such as addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc.
- Blatantly promotional content.
- Reproduced copyrighted articles from other sources: provide a link only.
- More than 1,000 words. Text continued to another post to bypass the 1000-word limit will be deleted.
Individual commenters may be banned permanently and without notice for repeated violations of these guidelines.
Thank you for reading these guidelines. I hope to hear from you in the comment section of my blog.